Sat, Apr 23|
Summit Park (eastern shore of Long Lake)
Earth Day Saturday: Walk For Water!
Meet in Summit Park on Long Lake on Saturday 4/23 from 2-4pm to walk with friends for water in celebration of our unique watershed - in honor of Earth Day! All Are Welcome - Dog Friendly - Bring Your Own Water Bottle
Time & Location
Apr 23, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Summit Park (eastern shore of Long Lake), Orono, MN, USA
About the Event
Meet in Summit Park to celebrate our unique watershed as we clean up the lake trail, learn about invasive species, the carp project and water quality from experts. Enjoy interactive activities to engage and inspire all nature lovers! (Rain Date: Sunday 4/24)EARTH DAY ACTIVITIES
Join us and enjoy any or all of the planned activities, educational resources tables, projects and more!
- Long Lake Waters Association - membership and upcoming watershed projects
- Walk for Water - walk East Long Lake Trail and spring clean up
- Minnetonka Center for the Arts - hands-on recycled art activity.
- Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) - carp and plant information
- Shelly Binsfeld - MN DNR AIS Advisor
- Chef Forager - Alan Bergo - learn about the interesting local edibles
- Friends Of Wolsfeld Woods - learn about upcoming programs and walks
- Scavenger Hunt - explore and observe the local flora and fauna, self guide